NOW HIRING – TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER
Please email resumes to Subin Daniel at email@example.com
As a transportation engineering firm with a local focus, we have a personal connection to many of our projects. Daniel Consultants, Inc. (Columbia, MD) has long-standing relationships with transportation agencies in the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan area and on the East Coast, and that helps our clients’ projects get rapid approval and keep moving ahead. We perform work in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and North Carolina. Our 30-plus years of experience in all aspects of transportation engineering and design make us the top choice for multidisciplinary projects. Plus, as a midsize firm, we have greater opportunities for engineers to get their hands on many different types of projects and disciplines.
DCI is looking for an entry level Traffic/Transportation Engineers to join our traffic engineering team to work on safety studies, signal designs, maintenance of traffic plans, impact studies, capacity analysis, signal warrant studies and simulation studies.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• Professional Engineer or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification preferred
• Basic CAD skills (MicroStation, AutoCAD)
• Valid driver’s license
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
• Perform traffic engineering designs including preparation of signing and pavement marking, signal, lighting, and maintenance of traffic (MOT) plans in accordance with latest design standards, under the
guidance of a Senior Traffic Engineer.
• Manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously throughout all stages of a project life cycle.
• Maintain awareness of project scope, schedules, and budgeting.
• Coordinate with clients and other engineering companies, on behalf of the firm.
• Attend project related meetings
• Writing professional reports
• Competitive salary commensurate (depending on experience)
• Paid Holidays and PTO.
• Tuition Reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances as well as a 401k plan with company matching.
We’ve built a friendly environment with diverse and challenging work, where you can work both independently and collaboratively.
As a full-service transportation engineering firm, everyone at DCI has the chance to work on multidisciplinary projects and to gain experience in many different areas of consulting engineering. Every day presents a new set of challenges and opportunities to learn from one another. Unlike large firms, we give you the chance to understand the big picture, and you will be among the first to learn about new technologies and how to apply them in novel ways.
At DCI, employees are encouraged to pursue their professional growth and are given the freedom to promote their ideas and propose new initiatives. We look for people who keep pushing harder, who want the next project to be even better than the last, and who won’t stop learning.
We’re a financially sound company with strong employee benefits — but to us it’s not just about the bottom line. We are individual engineers who are loyal to the company and to our clients. We have a responsibility to the public agencies we serve, to our fellow engineers and to the citizens who live and travel where we work. We plan and design transportation systems that are safe, efficient, cost-effective and environmentally responsible because we see what we do as a contribution to the greater good.
If you believe you can bring the highest level of dedication, commitment and enthusiasm to the field of transportation engineering and design, we’d like to hear from you.